Yesterday, Airbnb revealed its Chinese brand namea three-character moniker 爱彼迎 ài bǐ yíng. Individually, the three characters mean 'love', 'mutual' and 'welcome'arguably on-brand if you consider them in isolation. However, public response to the new moniker has been mixed and in some cases quite critical.
The Chinese name took a year of brewing by the brand and its naming agency Labbrand, and according to the official explanation by Airbnb, denotes...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events