The partnership, announced today, is seen as a significant expansion of cooperation between the two companies. Unilever first opened a virtual store on Alibaba’s Tmall.com online shopping website in 2011 and added a Tmall Global flagship store in 2014. The agreement also appears to be a response to retailers reducing their stocks of the FMCG giant's products in response to a slowing economy in 2014.
Unilever's North Asia president, Marijn Van Tiggelen, said in a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events