Twitter has been active in Japan since 2008. While critics were initially sceptical of its chances, it has seen Japan grow to be its second biggest market outside the US in revenue terms. Last August, Twitter reported that its Japanese operation had overtaken the UK, generating 10 percent of global revenue in the second quarter. Sales totaled US$61.2 million.
As user growth flattens out in a number of markets, Twitter claims Japan is...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events