I see three key trends emerging from a marketing and communications perspective in 2017. Firstly, there will probably be new approaches to capturing social insights. Donald Trump's victory in the U.S. presidential election fueled doubts about the accuracy of public opinion polls, with the Clinton camp and leading media outlets failing to grasp what white working class people were really thinking. Marketing surveys based on social perspectives are similarly problematic. In Japan, for example, we are seeing...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events