The world’s most powerful tech companies are uniting behind a common goal of giving consumers greater oversight and control over how they are tracked across the internet, by eroding the power of the tracking cookie.
A host of industry executives predict the shift could see advertisers retreat from precision-targeting in favour of good old-fashioned contextual marketing.
Google last week became the latest company to crack down on third-party tracking tools on its...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events