The Tokyo Summary Court has fined Dentsu 500,000 yen US$4420 for violating the labour standards law in the final ruling of an open trial into the company’s role in the suicide of an employee in 2015.
While the financial penalty is small, the ruling acknowledges that Dentsu's unregulated working conditions contributed to the death of Matsuri Takahashi. The recent graduate killed herself on 25 December 2015 after experiencing workplace bullying and being forced...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events