NHK is facing a PR crisis similar to that which has engulfed Dentsu for the past year after it admitted that extreme working conditions led to the death of one of its reporters.
Yesterday’s admission by Japan’s national broadcaster follows a ruling by a labour standards office in May 2014 that the employee, Miwa Sado, died due to working 159 hours of overtime with just two days off in the course of a month. Sado,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events