Alibaba's popular online marketplace Taobao held its third showcase bazaar, the Taobao Maker Festival, at West Lake in Hangzhou last month where exhibitors showcased their wares and creativity.
Unlike other bazaars, however, zero sales were made as Taobao is eponymous with online shopping. Chris Tung, chief marketing officer for Alibaba Group, emphasised that the festival was held to celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit of Taobao merchants and to give them a wider platform to reach their...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events