Unilever chief executive Alan Jope has hinted that speculation that outgoing chief marketing and communications officer Keith Weed would not be directly replaced is off the mark.
Although Jope would not explicitly comment on industry speculation around management changes, he told Campaign It's very hard to imagine that a marketing-led company like Unilever is not going to have a marketing voice at the executive table. Weed is due to retire from Unilever next month....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events