In addition to the streets, the ongoing political battle about the future of Hong Kong is being waged in social-media channels. And overnight, both Twitter and Facebook announced actions to stem the inauthentic use of their platforms for nefarious tactics.
Both platforms suspended or deleted accounts936 in Twitter's case, five in Facebook's. Twitter also went further by announcing a rules change that bans advertising by state-controlled news media.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events