Publicis Media saw several recent changes to its China leadership which maintains the team's previous all-female ratio:
- Sapna Nemani, Starcom Greater China CEO, will be taking on a new role as Publicis Media chief intelligence officer
- Scarlett Shih, Spark Foundry China CEO will be leaving the company to pursue new endeavours
- Wee Ching Ian, formerly Publicis Media Exchange China COO who joined the group in 2002, will be promoted to manage both Starcom and Spark Foundry China (taking over from Nemani and Shih)
- Ellen To, who has been with Publicis Media for 10 years, will be moving up from the role of Starcom Guangzhou MD into Zenith China CEO after SiewPing Lim resigned in May 2017 to join TCC Global as Asia CEO. Stone He will replace To at Starcom Guangzhou.
- Effective from June onwards was an earlier unannounced promotion: Vivian Zhu from chief digital and innovation officer for Publicis Media China to the CEO of Blue 449 China, after her predecessor Sandy Lai left her job in the same month
“The changes are part of the plan to sharpen Publicis Media’s transformation agenda in client interaction, experience, tools, platforms and investments,” said Bertilla Teo, Publicis Media’s Greater China CEO. “We invest in talent and promote from within the network. It is great testament to our company commitment in talent that we are able to find the strongest candidates for these positions internally."