It’s been hard to ignore Instagram’s recent announcement that it will be banning fake likes and followers as it attempts to restore trust in the platform.
And it’s hard to fault their logic “People come to Instagram to have real experiences and genuine interactions”, they said. While the news was generally well-received by the industry, there has been some surprise at the scale and number of influencers using fake followers and fake likes to boost...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events