Diamond retailer Tiffany Co.’s latest June earnings attributed its continued negative growth to two main factors a strong U.S. dollar throttling its overseas sales and softer tourist spending across its main markets.
Indeed, shifting currency headwinds constantly challenge luxury brands who depend heavily on Chinese tourist spending. Meanwhile, foreign policy like the full-blown trade war between the United States and China continue to add to economic uncertainty. As such, it is vital that brands focus...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events