Google helped its parent company Alphabet to a higher-than-expected 26% rise in revenues to $32.66 billion, although its profits were hit by the European Commission's planned fine for anti-competitive behaviour.
The driver was largely the 24% surge in Google’s ad revenues to $26.24 billion for the second-quarter of 2018.
However, its non-advertising revenues grew by more than a third to $4.4 billion as its cloud computing offering picked up important new customers...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events