He said Google and Apple are new industrial powers that can rival big spenders such as Toyota in terms of capital expenditure but cautioned they are not quite as dominant in a number of markets.
Buhlmann, who was speaking at the International Advertising Association lunch today, added They’re not really as big a global power as we all perceive them to be in the UK or the US.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events