Ecommerce in Southeast Asia is on everyone’s radar. Retailers, big tech players, ecommerce specialists and venture capital firms are tipping cash and resources into the sector.
The low take-up suggests plenty of upside. Online retail penetration is 3 per cent, equivalent to US$6 billion in sales, compared to 14 per cent in China and the US, an analysis by Bain points out. Marketers also point to the region’s growing middle class, high...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events