Yue Sai, a brand under L'Oréal’s luxury division, released a limited-edition package containing a bottle of lotion and a small handbag that looks like Xinhua Zidian, a dictionary that most Chinese pupils use in primary school.
The brand offered the set for RMB360 US$51 via Weibo last week. The marketing surrounding the offer talks about exploring Chinese women’s power, and refers to the character “她” She. The connection, apparently, is that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events