Following Cathay-Pacific's announcement that it would cut up to 600 jobs in its largest restructuring in decades, we asked two branding consultants for their input on whether the airline's positioning contributed to its problems, and what it should do now. While branding may not be the cause of Cathay's woes, the company's failure to meaningfully articulate what 'Life Well Travelled' meansand translate that into an experience people wanthasn't helped. Read on for the diagnoses and prescriptions....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events