Scroll down for entry details and nomination form.
The nomination process has now opened for ‘40 Under 40’, the annual selection of our industry’s finest young minds, curated by Campaign Asia-Pacific.
Whether marketers, creatives, communicators, strategists or managers, we want to know about the marcomms men and women making waves, breaking boundaries and exhibiting levels of sheer drive and achievement that put them well beyond the expectations of their age group.
We know the good ones are out there, in all corners of Asia Pacific - and we know there are a lot of them. Last year’s 40 Under 40 list saw a record-breaking 1500+ entries, handing our judging team the selection challenge of their lives. The 40 who made last year’s list, therefore, were people we felt to be uncategorical rising stars, who had earned universal respect and were set to go on to great things.
“It is like my external reward and big recognition for me,” says Sitha Nuon, media director of Havas Riverorchid Cambodia and a 40 Under 40 2016 nominee, when asked what the honour meant to her. “I never expected that a Cambodian will be in the list. So I am very proud of it.” The accolade was circulated within Havas Group and to clients, she continues, helping to build more business opportunities and credibility by "showing clients they are being serviced by the agency’s best."
“It was definitely a good conversation topic with clients and potential clients,” echoes fellow 2016 nominee Clemente ‘Third’ Domingo, CEO and chief creative officer at Philippino agency IdeasXMachina Advertising. “It's an excellent way to get introduced when I have speaking engagements.”
Takahiro Hosoda, senior creative director at TBWA\Hakuhodo in Tokyo, said that winning has brought him both personal and professional validation.
"Firstly, nomination gave me lots of confidence. It convinced myself and my colleagues that what I've done and what I'm trying to do is not wrong. Secondly, my winning encouraged younger creatives I'm working with for sure. We Japanese young creatives feel isolated from the Western creative/advertising world. It's natural because we normally work on domestic campaigns, which are rarely recognized by the rest of the world. But this "40 under 40" told them there is always chance to be recognized by the world if you work hard."
In 2017 we expect our candidates to be of a no less high calibre - and that those few who stand out as the best in our judges' eyes will receive no fewer benefits when they make the list. The winning nominees will have their photographs and profiles featured in Campaign Asia in October. [Please note: the full list of winners will be available to paid subscribers only.]
You may put forward up to two candidates from your own regional agency network or company who are under the age of 40, with an explanation as to why they stand out. (To be clear, this means up to two people per agency brand per country; and they must be aged 39 or under up to but not including 1 October 2017).
These people must be based in Asia-Pacific and must be holding a job or in an industry directly related to advertising and marketing.
While we will consider candidates from other Campaign Asia-Pacific listings, such as Women to Watch, Digital A-List and Media A-List, we do ask that candidates wait until 2018 if they have already been featured in any of these lists within the last 12 months. If however, the candidate will no longer meet the age requirements in a year’s time we will consider their application this year.
- One completely filled nomination form per candidate
- A high-resolution image of each nominee of at least 300dpi and a minimum of 6” across at the widest point (A good rule of thumb is that a JPEG image should be at least 5MB and a PNG image around 8MB). This can be attached to the form or emailed at a later date.
- An entry fee of US$260 per candidate. On completion of the form you will be redirected to a secure payment page.
September 1 @ 23:59pm HKTSeptember 8 @ 23:59pm HKT
- Please send enquiries and high-res images to [email protected]
QUESTIONS ASKED IN THE NOMINATION FORM
- Basic details: Candidate's name, designation, age, brief CV
- The candidate’s backstory: how they came to be where they are now.
- What are they passionate about in their work? What sets them apart from their colleagues?
- What are they doing not just to assist the company they work for and its clients, but also to take the industry forward? We want to hear concrete examples of successes from the last 12 months.
- Notable information on personal characteristics/working style—we want to get a sense of the individual.
- Any comments/endorsements from supervisors/clients. This is not obligatory but may strengthen the submission.
More 40 Under 40