Invalid traffic IVT, or non-human traffic, has been one of the insidious problems standing against efforts to fight ad fraud in China.
How extensive is the problem A white paper released by third-party verification agency AdMaster in March said that IVT accounted for 30.2 percent of all advertising traffic in China, with fraudulent traffic spiking from 22.3 percent of traffic in October to 38.7 percent in December.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events