In a famous scene in Fawlty Towers, a British comedy series from the 1970s about a blundering hotelier, the lead character played by John Cleese reminds himself repeatedly not to “mention the war” while speaking to German guests, inadvertently proceeding to mention it in every sentence.
Cleese’s character appears to have inspired Toshio Motoya, the president of APA Group, a large Japanese hotel and real estate company. Motoya first came under fire in January...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events