YouTube has issued a statement regarding an ongoing investigation in Vietnam over alleged inappropriate content on its platform.
Responding to Campaign Asia-Pacific, in a emailed statement YouTube said We have clear policies for content removal requests from governments around the world.
We rely on governments to notify us of content that they believe is illegal through official processes, and where appropriate, will restrict it after a thorough review....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events