S4 Capital does not want to purchase a data company but rather data expertise, believing that Publicis Groupe’s US$4.4 billion deal to acquire Epsilon is “risky” when the business, known for its vast consumer database, “might not exist in a few months”.
“Buying it for future plans is a risky business,” S4C chief executive Michel de Rijk said on a panel at ATS Singapore on Tuesday.
He said acquisitions of data...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events