At first glance, one could be forgiven for thinking that the aim of an Expedia video spot by Hong Kong Secret Tour, shown above, is to attract greying consumers to the travel-booking site. But this is only half true. The senior cast members are also supposed to show that the Expedia site is so easy to navigate that even grannies can use it to book their holidays.
Advertising is an industry that fetishises youth,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events