A video to promote unagi eel from Shibushi has been withdrawn following mockery and even outrage on social media.
The promotion compares Shibushi’s farmed eel to a young girl in a black swimsuit. In a dreamlike sequence, the girl is shown swimming in a pool, taking the sun and generally enjoying life. She then bids goodbye and, upon diving into the water once more, transforms into an eel. The film then cuts to a shot...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events