After much toe-dipping, Spotify is at last officially present in Japan. The company will provide a free advertising-supported service and a paid service at 980 yen around US$10 per month. It will also offer lyrics for karaoke enthusiasts. It’s currently operating in invite-only’ beta mode.
It comes late to the game in the world’s second-largest music market, which accounts for around US$3 billion in annual sales down from around $5 billion 10 years...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events