The extent to which United's brand is damaged in China following the forced removal of a passenger or 'deplaned', in aviation speak of Vietnamese descent from a US flight is significantfar worse than a normal flare-up over a tone-deaf communications response.
In fact, the Chinese are comparing the event to the Black Lives Matter activist movement and clamouring for social justice. The airline, which derives an estimated US$2 billion in annual revenue...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events