The grey sprawl of Tokyo was an intimidating version of the future, not yours or mine, but our children's.
That's how acclaimed travel writer Paul Theroux opens Ghost Train to the Eastern Star 2008, the story of his journey from London to Tokyo by rail. Peering out of his hotel window, he describes the city as a necropolisa giant concrete graveyard devoid of human touch....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events