When KFC partnered with Baidu to implement face-recognition technology at a self-order kiosk in one of its Beijing outlets late last year, it became a story that was widely covered by international media such as The Guardian and TechCrunch. It was not KFC’s first foray into AI. In the summer last year, the fast food chain already created some buzz when it collaborated with Baidu and Trio Isobar to launch Dumi, a robot that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events