The return of the former British colony to China in June 1997 was one of the territory’s most momentous events. The Handover of political control was also one of the most significant events in the city’s then fledging MICE sector.
More than a thousand international journalists flew in to cover the affair, and for years before the historic ceremony took place in the brand new Hong Kong Convention Exhibition Centre HKCEC, the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events