Less stigma about female leadership in China means there is no obvious glass ceiling’ limiting the careers of women with drive and ambition but advertising executives say societal pressures around marriage and parenting continue to deter many from reaching their full potential and form a persistent barrier to progress towards a gender-balanced industry.
Unlike in the West, where conversations around the glass ceiling’ centre around conscious, or unconscious, doubts about female competency within a corporate...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events