Cheil China will be China Unicom's main branding and marketing strategy partner for 2017 and 2018.
The undertaking comes after a November pitch involving more than 20 local and multinational agencies based in Beijing, of which 11 were shortlisted for the final presentation.
Cheil did work for the telecom operator on a project basis since 2011, while JWT Beijing was its incumbent creative agency from 2013 to 2016.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events