The treatment of the passenger being removed from United flight 3411 was appalling. United’s management of the situation will also prove to be a case study in what not do when managing a spiralling reputational crisis. Based on what United taught us last week, there are four very simple lessons for any CEO and their management team.
First, speak human. I appreciate it has been dissected to death, but United’s first response was really...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events