Bain Capital, the US investment firm, is to buy ADK for around 150 billion yen, or US$1.3 billion, according to a report by the Nikkei.
It is understood that Bain will make an offer for shares in Japan’s third-largest advertising agency imminently, which would result in it being delisted. A spokesperson for ADK acknowledged the report in the Nikkei but did not provide further comment since an official announcement has yet to be made....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events