Despite constantly being referred to as an ecommerce giant, Alibaba has been a data technology company at the heart of its operation.
At the Taobao Maker Festival in Hangzhou, Chris Tung, chief marketing officer of Alibaba Group was quick to reassure reporters that the company had no interest in the FB business when it set up Tao Café. The cashier-less shop uses facial recognition technology and allows customers to buy goods with their smartphones...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events