Google is getting rid of 30-second unskippable ads on YouTube, and it doesn’t look like too many people are going to miss them.
Last Friday, YouTube announced it will stop supporting the ad format in 2018, and will instead focus on more appealing ads for users and advertisers.
Consumers will likely appreciate the change. A July HubSpot study found that 57 percent of respondents disliked pre-roll ads....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events