When Warfel joined US lighter manufacturer Zippo in 2008, the iconic company was going through a crisis. Despite emphasising that Zippo sold a portable flame’ and not a tobacco product, the decline in smoking in some markets had started to impact its sales. From a peak of 18 million lighters sold in 1996, the Bradford, Pennsylvania-based company sold only 11 million units in 2010.
Realising it was in danger of extinction, the company brought marketing...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events