There's nothing like a few sessions judging the entries submitted to our annual Women to Watch list to make one feel one should really be working harder. Our judging team, made up of senior editorial members of Campaign Asia-Pacific, felt that this year's collection of over 100 entries was stronger than ever, and the sheer scale of achievements of the final 40 women we narrowed the list down to makes for quite phenomenal reading.
Their entries, which we've tried to distill into their profiles, above, represent everything they've worked for in the last few years, as summed up by their admiring colleagues, many of whom describe their nominee as 'inspiring'. Each one is a story of drive, vision, intelligence and innumerable hours, days, months and years spent dedicating themselves to jobs they are passionate about, jobs to which they've strived to bring their best, jobs via which they want to make their mark—and make long-term change happen in Asia.
For these incredible efforts and the astounding results they have produced, we salute our 40 Women to Watch—and we thank their colleagues for bringing them to our attention. We hope you will give each one your attention too, whether you're looking to be inspired, encouraged, amazed or, most importantly, if you're looking to hire your next superstar.
Women to Watch 2018 (in alphabetical order):
- Kazuko Abe, Google
- Marrah Africa, MediaMath
- Athena Bughao, Essence
- Chan Su Ling, Ensemble
- Monica Chia, Reprise
- Laura Cibilich, RUN
- Alice Chou, Dentsu
- Carolyn Devanayagam, Weber Shandwick
- Cecile Dominguez-Yujuico, Evident Communications
- Emily Foster, Wavemaker
- Donna Garcia, Rice
- Marivic Garcia, OMG Advertising
- Giang Nguyen Thanh, The Purpose Group
- Laura Green-Wilkinson, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Brenda Han, Ogilvy
- Farrah Harith-McPherson, BBDO Malaysia
- Valerie Jaquet, Unruly
- Milan Jiang, VeryStar-Linked by Isobar
- Priya Khatri, Eyeota
- Aditi Kohli, Near
- Fatima Khalid, Mindshare
- Felicia Li-Gaillard, Integral Ad Science
- Angeline Lodhia, Inskin Media
- Mabel Lu, Cosmose
- Nhung Mason, Accenture
- Annie McNamara, LoopMe
- Jane Morgan, Golin
- Naomi Michael, IPG Mediabrands
- Myat Noe Khin, Nex Labs
- Joy Orteza, Mindshare
- Ron Pun, IPG Mediabrands
- Hani Ramli, Isentia
- Geet Rathi, TBWA
- Linda Schroeder, Manulife Asia
- Alvina Seah, Energy BBDO
- April Srivikorn, Google
- Tish Tambakau, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Christine Wang, Publicis
- Joanna Wong, Spotify
- Cathy Yue, Edelman
- Desktop users: Move mouse on/off image to show/hide caption.
- Mobile users: Simply swipe left to advance.
Previous Women to Watch galleries
See all of our 'People to watch' features, including the annual 40 Under 40 and China Digital A-List.
Profiles by Li-Mei Foong, Robert Sawatzky, Matthew Miller, David Blecken and Olivia Parker