Welcome to Campaign Asia-Pacific's 40 Under 40 for 2019.
With double the number of entries compared to last year, this year’s 40 under 40 featured an outstanding group of strong nominees, including all types of marketing and communications professionals.
Our in-house judging team, made up of members of Campaign Asia-Pacific's senior editorial staff, had difficult decisions to make, but ultimately agreed that these 40 candidates stand out at the top of their class, representing Asia Pacific’s next generation of leadership.
Nominees came in from right across Asia, reflected in the dozen different markets in the final list, made up of agencies, brands, media publishers and technology firms. While a multitude of different talents made the cut, the growing importance of data and technology expertise was a consistent theme. Many young professionals have grown their careers with technology, but those able to best apply and convert their skills into real results for brands and clients are inevitably excelling.
All work and no play, however, is no fun at all. Many of these young professionals are balancing work with outside interests, finding ways to tap a variety of inspirations to grow their businesses, help their colleagues and propel the broader industry.
We'd like to thank all those who nominated this year. As for the high flyers whom you see pictured above, we wish them all the best as they move on to the next stage of their already successful careers. Congratulations!
Here is a complete list of the 40 Under 40 2019:
- Ashley Amanna, Wunderman Thompson (Indonesia)
- Masaya Asai, TBWA\Hakuhodo (Japan)
- Simon Bailey, Humology (Myanmar)
- Anthony Baker, R/GA (Japan)
- Laura Beament, Herd MSL (Australia)
- Ashwin Chandoesing, IndaHash (Singapore)
- Felix Chang, Publicis Media (Taiwan)
- Deb Dutta, TBWA\ (Indonesia)
- Nicola Eliot, BBC (Singapore)
- Melissa Fein, Initiative (Australia)
- Aizobelle Fernan, Kinesso (Philippines)
- Jenny Gao, Ogilvy (China)
- Wei Guo, FugeTech (China)
- Jim Guzman, Dentsu Aegis Network (Philippines)
- Akanksha Jain, Mindshare (China)
- Andreas Krasser, DDB (Hong Kong)
- Charmaine Lin, Reuter Communications (China)
- Yi Liu, Mindshare (China)
- Eunice Loh, Wavemaker (Singapore)
- Ian Loon, Starcom (Singapore)
- Neha Mehrotra, AvianWE (India)
- Paras Mehta, Cadreon (India)
- Jane Morgan, Golin (Hong Kong)
- Vincent Niou, Essence (Singapore)
- Tuomas Peltoniemi, R/GA (Singapore)
- Fahad Qadir, The Coca-Cola Company (Pakistan)
- Adrienne Ravez, Quantum Endorphine Digital (Cambodia)
- Niraj Ruparel, Mindshare (India)
- Yanqing Shi, ALDI (China)
- Nicolle Sing, Freeman (Singapore)
- Serina Tan, Allison+Partners (Singapore)
- Jason Tonelli, Performics (Australia)
- Arvi Villacin, Sven (Philippines)
- Jingyue Wang, Baicaowei (China)
- Mitch Waters, The Trade Desk (Australia)
- Maya Watono, Dentsu Aegis Network (Indonesia)
- Deric Wong, Omnicom Media Group (Hong Kong)
- Robert Woolfrey, Amobee (Singapore)
- Huan Xu, Qimai (China)
- Aaron Zhang, Arkr Group (China)
Profiles written by Foong Li Mei.
(Desktop users: Hover mouse to expand captions on above pictures; move mouse away to collapse. Mobile users: Swipe right to advance.)
Previous 40 Under 40 galleries: