We are delighted to announce that Campaign's Women to Watch 2019 is now open for entries.
Women to Watch, compiled annually by our senior editorial team, is a list of profiles of 40 women from the marketing, media, advertising and communications industries across Asia-Pacific who are outpacing the competition with their achievements in the workplace.
We invite you to help us find these women by nominating someone you know via the online nomination form, at this link and shown below, before the deadline of August 2, 2019.
Once the deadline has passed, Campaign's senior editorial team will carefully read, analyse and discuss every entry to select the 40 we feel are the most impressive and deserving of this commendation. We will then write up their profiles and publish them, with their pictures, on our website, sharing it across all our social media channels. You can find a gallery of the 2018 Women to Watch profiles here as an example.
Here's a guide to the rules around entering — and what we're looking for in entries.
What are the rules about nominating someone?
- They must be female and work in any discipline within the media, marketing, advertising and communications industries.
- They must be based, for work, in an Asia-Pacific market (includes Australia and New Zealand).
- There is no maximum or minimum age barrier for the nominee, but it is worth noting that we are looking to celebrate the achievements of women who have not yet reached the very top of their professions or the pinnacle of their careers.
- You are allowed to nominate up to two names from your company or regional network. To be clear, this means that if you are an independent brand or agency, you can nominate up to two women from each market when you have an office. If you work for an agency that is part of a regional network, you can nominate up to two women per agency per market.
- While we will consider candidates from other Campaign Asia-Pacific listings, such as 40 Under 40, Women Leading Change or Digital A-List, we do ask that candidates wait until 2020 if they have already been featured in any of these lists within the last 12 months.
What do I need to include in the entry?
The nomination form will ask you to fill in:
- Your nominee's details
- Your own details
- The answers to five questions about your nominee, each with a word count limit of 500 words
- We request that you upload a recent high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi) photograph of the nominee. This can also be sent to us at [email protected].
- Once you have submitted the entry you will be directed to a payment page. The cost of entry is US$295 per candidate.
What makes a good entry?
- The entry will show us that the woman nominated is clearly indispensable to the company she works for. The entry will tell us about what she has done to make her a crucial player in her team and/or the wider business. Metrics and business results you can provide as evidence of this will be looked on favourably.
- The entry will make it clear that the candidate goes above and beyond the demands of her job description and is helping to take the industry forward in a positive way.
- The entry shows us that the nominee is generally an inspiring person to work with, however this manifests itself. We should get the strong feeling that we'd want to work with these women if we could.
- We appreciate entries that are well-written, with clearly laid-out information.
Note: You can flag confidential information by putting it into [square brackets] or highlighting it. We ask that you only flag the specific information that must be kept confidential, rather than the whole entry or very large chunks of it, since we will rely on this information to compile a profile of any nominee that makes the list.
What's the deadline?
The deadline for entries is August 2, 2019, at 23.59pm HK time.
That’s it! Got any questions? Send them to [email protected]rket.asia and we’ll help as soon as we can.
Read about previous Women to Watch winners in these galleries