One year into taking the reins at Verizon Media, chief executive Guru Gowrappan is already tired of playing defense, itching to move key properties like Yahoo and AOL forward.
It’s not hard to understand why. As the former global MD of Alibaba, Gowrappan had been only used to going in one direction up when he arrived last year at Verizon Media, at that time still called Oath.
“I was lucky enough...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events