US-based telco Verizon is to sell social-media platform Tumblr to Automattic Inc, the owner of online publishing tool Wordpress.
Terms of the deal have not been disclosed, but the price tag is apparently “nominal” compared to the around US$1.1 billion Yahoo paid for the platform six years ago, according to The Wall Street Journal. Axios has reported a source putting the deal well below $20 million.
Verizon became the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events