A 23% year-on-year rise in ad revenues to $791 million during the last quarter of 2018 helped Twitter record its first full year of profitability.
It has taken 12 years for the social network to reach the milestone and the achievement appears to owe a good deal to the rise of online video advertising since Twitter went public in 2013.
Twitter's maiden profit net income totalled $360 million, equating to a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events