A lack of digital sophistication is the most significant contributing factor to ongoing issues around transparency in digital advertising, not corruption, said Matt Sutton, APAC CEO of AdParlor.
Speaking to Campaign Asia-Pacific at Cannes Lions 2017, Sutton said while transparency is a global issue, it’s more pronounced in certain Asian markets but primarily because the digital ecosystem in those markets is still developing.
“It’s not about corruption, he said. People automatically...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events