You can probably guess Asia's top two fast-food brands without much thought, and global brands fill the top six spots on our exclusive list of Asia's top fast-food brands. Made-in-the-region brands from Japan, Philippines and Thailand, however, crack the top 10 to take the last four positions.
The list of Asia's top 10 favourite fast-food brands is derived from the 2021 edition of Campaign Asia-Pacific's exclusive Asia's Top 1000 Brands research, done in partnership with Nielsen IQ. The region's most comprehensive research on consumer brand perception, Asia's Top 1000 Brands asks consumers in 14 Asia-Pacific markets to name the brands they consider the best in 15 major product and service categories. From this, we compile the overall Asia's Top 1000 Brands ranking, a list of the top 100 brands in each market, and a variety of features and category-based reports like this one.
Without further ado...
ASIA's TOP 10 FAST-FOOD BRANDS
|Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)||2||2||0|
|The Pizza Company||10||10||0|
MORE TASTY TIDBITS
Enjoy the flavour of these additional fast facts from our survey of the region's favourite quick-serve restaurants.
McDonald's is No. 1 in 11 markets, and takes second position in the other three:
- South Korea (Burger King)
- Thailand (KFC)
- Philippines (Jollibee)
Brands 11-20 (alphabetical order):
- Cafe De Coral
- Hungry Jack's*
- Long John Silver's
- Mister Donut
- Papa John's
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
* Note that Burger King's overall rank would probably be higher if it operated as Burger King in Australia.
These brands got a high ranking in one market, but finished outside the overall APAC top 10:
- Australia: Hungry Jack's (3)
- China: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (4)
- India: Saravana Bhavan (7)
- Japan: Mister Donut (5)
- Korea: Papa John's (9)
- Hong Kong: Cafe de Coral (2), Maxims (6)
- Indonesia: Yoshinoya (5)
- Philippines: Shakey's (4)
Several brands got name-checked in only one market, and New Zealand is particularly idiosyncratic:
- Singapore: Fried & Tasty, Yellow Cab Pizza
- Taiwan: Dandan Hamburg
- Philippines: Chowking, Army Navy, Tropical Hut
- New Zealand: Burger Fuel, Georgie Pie, Hell Pizza, Kiwiberri, Mexicali, Pita Pit, Taco Bell
This article is filed under...
Top 10: Asia-Pacific's favourite brands in specific product and service categories