First, a reminder of how and when VML entered the WPP universe. Back in 2000, then WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell approached the VML founders with a buyout plan that would merge the marketing agency with J Walter Thompson.
Fourteen months later, in June 2001, a deal was announced in which VML would become part of the WPP machine as a stand-alone agency group after VML’s founders demanded the agency retain brand independence....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events