Spotify has made two major acquisitions in podcasting, suggesting the streaming platform sees it as a key element of its future business model.
The first is podcast producer Gimlet, which, according to tech site Recode, Spotify has paid $230 million for. That is more than three times the value the company was thought to be worth in mid-2017.
Gimlet was founded in 2014 by US radio...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events