The agency model is in flux, clients want to handle media differently, and WPP is lagging behind new rivals. But Nick Emery is talking about 1997, not 2017.
It is 20 years since he co-founded Mindshare, WPP’s first global media agency network.
And as Emery, now the global chief executive of Mindshare, quietly marks its birthday without a big celebration, he knows there are parallels between those heady days in 1997...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events