Mindshare announced that it will incorporate its FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) concept into the "heart of the agency" on a global basis.
Billed as the agency's integrated performance business unit, FAST has hubs in New York, London, Mexico and Singapore. The company says it "simplifies the data, technology and content workstreams for clients and integrates all branding and performance assets, providing an efficient single view across all markets and channels delivering performance marketing".
Mindshare announced the following senior appointments in connection with the move:
- Norm Johnston, formerly global chief strategy and digital officer, assumes the dual role of global chief digital officer for Mindshare and global CEO of FAST.
- Gowthaman Ragothaman, currently Mindshare APAC chief operating officer and WPP global client lead on PepsiCo, takes the role of global chief strategy officer for FAST and retains the PepsiCo role.
- Barry Lee, currently head of the London-based Mindshare Worldwide FAST Hub, adds the additional role of chief product officer for FAST.
- Tom Johnson, currently performance marketing director at Mindshare Worldwide, takes the role of chief client officer for FAST.
- Adam Ray, formerly global head of programmatic at Mindshare Worldwide, assumes the role of chief innovation officer for FAST.
The global FAST team will be supported by the regional FAST Hub leaders Robin Wong (APAC), Matias Galimberti (LATAM) and Brian Decicco (NA).
"We believe that modern adaptive marketers need to be experts in both brand and performance marketing and that only by offering an integrated approach will we truly achieve success for our clients, making their messaging relevant, timely and targeted whether it is brand or demand in nature," Johnston said in a release. "That is why FAST sits at the heart of an integrated Mindshare offering, not as an external agency.”