Mastercard has abandoned its 'goal-for-meals' campaign with football stars Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr after it faced fierce criticism.
The company has instead promised to contribute two million meals in 2018 as part of its work with the United Nations World Food Programme WFP.
The controversial campaign saw Mastercard pledge to donate 10,000 meals to children in Latin America and the Caribbean every time Messi or Neymar score until...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events